Taking care of ourselves & our planet

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world.
Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Show Me the Green

We recently returned from a trip to our hometown in Missouri, the "Show Me State," or as I like to refer to it, "Show Me the Green." Missouri is SO beautiful with their very distinct 4 seasons of Spring, Summer, Fall & Winter. I can't say I can narrow my favorite season down to one as they all have their own beauty but Summer has to be one of my favorites due to its "greenness." Look at these awesome photos of my parents' yard that I grew up in...it's no wonder I have a passion for going green! Can't you just smell the clean, green air?!




I was able to capture a photo of a furry friend...


a slippery friend...


and then some more slippery friends that we caught and released...


My older daughter caught one...


and my younger daughter caught 3!!!

I was quite surprised that BOTH of the girls were willing to take a dip in the pond!

You can imagine how tired they both were each day after running around on 3.5 acres of green!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! Looks like the girls had a great time! What a pretty place for them to spend some time in the summer!

    ReplyDelete