Taking care of ourselves & our planet

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world.
Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Trees, glorious, trees!

I don't know that anyone knows how much I LOVE trees! They are so beautiful and green! They enrich our lives in so many ways!

Their beauty and color improve the environmental aesthetics, and they clean our air by filtering pollution and producing oxygen. They are magnificient living organisms!

God is the experience of looking at a tree and saying, "Ah!"
- Joseph Campbell

I presented at a local Arbor Day Celebration today and was, once again, reminded of the beauty of nature. Sunny skies, budding trees, and cool spring winds make me so happy!

Imagine my sense of pride during the planning stages of coordinating 2 separate tree planting programs in my neighborhood when I was adoringly referred to as "The Tree Lady." I met over 80 of my neighbors and love the sense of community that planting trees provided.

In honor of Arbor Day Celebrations all over the world, I'd like to share this poem.

Breath
by J. Daniel Beaudry

Tree, gather up my thoughts
like the clouds in your branches.
Draw up my soul
like the waters in your root.

In the arteries of your trunk
bring me together.
Through your leaves
breathe out the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment