Taking care of ourselves & our planet

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world.
Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Cowtown Great American Clean Up

What a great success!!! Some of my daughter's Girl Scout friends, moms & sisters, my neighborhood friends and I participated in the yearly Great American Clean Up today.

After volunteering for 2 hours, we collected approximately 300 pounds of trash and five or six bags of recycle material in our neighborhood park.


My daughters and I went to pass out Clean Up packets for the City on Thursday after school and were given these adorable "US Census 2010" hats that the girls can't get enough of wearing!

Green Girl had an opportunity to present at the volunteer celebration afterwards along with Radio Disney!!!


Thank you all for your help and willingness to support my efforts at litter prevention and waste reduction!

No comments:

Post a Comment